Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Seasonal "Meatless Monday"

RECIPE ALERT
But as you know you are rarely going to get a broken down, step by step recipe from me.  I don't really use them either, and when I create in the kitchen and it comes out good I have to sit there thinking "what the heck did I put in this?"  This particular time, the meal was half eaten before I realized it was so good I should blog about it! So, sorry this isn't the best pic:
What is it, you ask? A concoction of veggies we got from our garden! Spaghetti squash and zucchini roasted in the oven then shredded. Topped that off with cauliflower, broccoli and kale sauteed with olive oil and garlic, mixed up with a few Tbsp raw pesto I had made a few days ago (basil, olive oil, garlic, raw cashews, raw pine nuts, lemon juice).  Sliced up some sun dried tomatoes and threw those on there along with some sea salt and some mock Parmesan cheese (raw cashews, garlic, sea salt processed to a grated Parmesan consistency- so easy and great way to make a vegan cheese topping!).  Cory used regular Parmesan cheese and insisted that was better, and also convinced me to put a few dashes of hot sauce on there- he puts hot sauce on almost everything, but yeah it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment