Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Gnocchi with Butternut Squash Puree

I just concocted this tonight and it was bangin, thought I'd share.  It's vegetarian (but not vegan), my measurements are probly not exact, I don't really measure stuff when I cook, that's why I suck at baking.

1 small butternut squash
3 or 4 cloves garlic
3 Tbsp melted butter
2 or 3 Tbsp agave nectar
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 cup prepared vegetarian chicken stock (I used this "vegetarian chicken broth powder" I found in the bulk spice bins at New Morning, great find!)
1 or 2 Tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese

I quartered the butternut squash and threw it on a sheet pan with the cloves of garlic (unpeeled), drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with salt.  Stick it in the oven at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the garlic looks browned and you can stick a fork through the squash pieces.  Let cool then scoop out the squash from the peel and put in the blender.  Add garlic cloves by squeezing the garlic out of the peel right into the blender.  Add chicken stock, butter, agave nectar and thyme, blend, salt to taste.  Separately, mix the rosemary and Gorgonzola together.
Fresh gnocchi is best but i used frozen, boiled.  Pour the sauce over the gnocchi and sprinkle with the the rosemary Gorgonzola, soooooo yummy!  I served it with a side of sauteed kale :p

That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment